I've been meaning to pick up the first installment of the Vampire Academy for ages, since I see so many GIF sets going around on the other blogs I follow, and Sabriel and The Knife of Never Letting Go have been recommended to me more times than I can count. Gayle Forman's If I Stay has also been made into a movie, thus begins my frantic scrabble to read the book before the film comes out!
I'm super excited to get to read these new books, though with all the course material I've got to read for the next semester of university, who knows when I'll have time!
The Wicked and The Divine is a series that I'm so excited about, I can barely put it into words. The basic premise, without spoiling anything for you, is that twelve gods are reincarnated every ninety years as celebrated musicians. They're revered as the gods that they are with many fans attending their concerts as religious experiences.
Cool, right? And, even more exciting, is that the creator Kieron Gillen has specifically chosen to feature gods who haven't been focused on in other mediums - we readers are getting to explore the cultural significance behind a completely different set of deities than are usually mentioned in the media.
In terms of reading, I'm currently half way through The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss and I'm really enjoying it. The pacing was perhaps a little slow at the beginning, but it picked up pretty fast and suddenly I find myself half way through what is, undeniably, a rather chunky book.
I also seem to find myself not slowing down. A sure sign of something good!
(It's a trilogy - help me, I can't stop!)
Ciao for now, Bookies! Keep reading!


No comments:
Post a Comment